Thursday, June 3, 2021

Buffalo'd but Philosophical


I'm philosophical about negative reviews. I really am. Sometimes I am surprised by how philosophical I am about them. It seems unlike me.

I know that people's tastes differ, however, and not everyone will like what I've written. But sometimes I am, well, buffalo'd by what reviewers write and wonder what they were reading. Or if they read it.

Recently I received some evaluations of Liberty-Loving Lafayette: How "America's Favorite Fighting Frenchman" Helped Win Our Independence done by judges for a national book award. Here's what one of them reported:

"Important information concerning the Marquis de Lafayette and the American Revolutionary War is contained in the book but I fear may be lost to readers due to the fact that the information contained is written in prose."

Prose.

That's what this evaluator wrote.

About a story written entirely in rhyming verse.

Hmm.

All I can say (philosophically) is "Isn't life interesting?" 


Regards,

Dorothea Jensen












No comments:

Post a Comment