Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Beaming into a classroom as a Gigantic Head!!

Over the last few weeks, I have had the distinct pleasure of making electronic visits to classes in which the kids have read my historical novel about the Revolution, The Riddle of Penncroft Farm. As you can see by this picture, It has been great fun for me to answer their questions!


However, it wasn't until recently that I saw a picture of what kind of image is showing up on the other end. It turns out that I become a Gigantic Head!  (See below.) Wow! Also, notice my Peculiar Facial Expression - which doesn't surprise me because I always throw my whole face into whatever I say. Apparently. (I must have been talking about something sad here.)


This particular visit was to the classroom of Ms. Sara Shaiman, in Havertown, PA. She has taught Riddle many, many times, and has done a number of things to bring the story alive for her students. For instance, she takes her class to the City Tavern every year, where two scenes of Riddle take place.  (It was also the place where Washington and Lafayette met for the first time!)
In addition, she has made (or had made) a bunch of cup and ball toys for the kids to try out. (Such a toy plays an important role in the story.)  Here's a picture of a couple of these.                                                                                        

I am so grateful to Sara and all the other creative and dedicated teachers who have introduced my characters to so many kids over the years. Thank you!

P.S. I get a huge kick out of doing these visits. If you know of teachers who might like me to beam into their classroom after the students have read either The Riddle of Penncroft Farm or A Buss from Lafayette, please ask them to contact me at jensendorothea@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment