Saturday, December 26, 2015

OK, people, here we go!

Now that Christmas is over, I'm turning my focus away from my Izzy Elves and their blog, twitter, website, etc., to the historical fiction part of my writing. (Although I'm sure that the Izzies will soon make their feelings known about this.)

In less than four months (April 22, 2016, to be exact), A Buss from Lafayette, my new historical novel for young readers will be released by BQB Publishing.

About the Book

Fourteen-year-old Clara Hargraves lives on a farm in Hopkinton, a small New Hampshire town, during the 19th century. She has a couple of big problems. First of all, she has a stepmother, Priscilla, who used to be her spinster schoolteacher aunt. Clara, still grieving her mother, resents that her late mother’s older sister has not only married her father but is about to have a baby. To make matters worse, “Prissy Priscilla” keeps trying to make the rambunctious, clever, and witty Clara act like a proper young lady. Secondly, Clara has red hair, making her a target for teasing by a handsome older boy, Dickon Weeks, and by her pretty seventeen-year-old Dread Cousin Hetty. Clara, however, has a secret plan she hopes will change this.
During the last week of June, 1825, Clara’s town is abuzz because the famous General Lafayette is about to visit their state during his farewell tour of America. In those eventful seven days, Clara learns a lot about her family, Hetty, Dickon, and herself. In addition, she hears many stories from her family, neighbors, veterans, and from Lafayette himself. Through these tales, she comes to understand the huge and vital role the French aristocrat played in America’s Revolutionary War. She also comes to see that her problems might not be quite so ter bile after all.

A Buss from Ladfayette is available for pre-order right now, as both a paperback and as an e-book.  Yes, yes, I know that the buy links are posted on my blog (just look over to the right, unless you are on a mobile device, in which case I have no idea where these will show up).

I am putting them RIGHT HERE ON THIS POST to make it easier for you, however!

Here they are:

Paperback from BQB Publishing

Paperback and Kindle book from Amazon

Paperback and Nook book from Barnes and Noble

Kobo e-book from (naturally) Kobo

It can also be bought as an e-book from iTunes but I can't figure out how to get an actual link for that so you iBookers are on your own. Sorry about that.

I am waiting to get the e-pub file from my publisher so I can start writing "author insights" on Bublish.com. I have so enjoyed writing these "Bubbles" about my classic historical novel for kids, The Riddle of Penncroft Farm, and two of my Izzy Elf stories.  I think others enjoy reading them, too.  Here is how many "hits" I've garnered so far:



I have no idea who these people are, but I'm grateful to everyone for reading what I write!

Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. I love historical fiction and A Buss from Lafayette sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing your post on the Kid Lit Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have written a fascinating book! We would love for you to share it with our readers at the Literacy Musing Mondays Linkup #LMMLinkup http://www.foreverjoyful.net/?p=846

    ReplyDelete